Log in or create an account to create a wishlistSign in / Register
Welcome to the Belstaff websites ("Sites"), edited and published by Belstaff Group SA (“Belstaff”), with registered offices at Via Industria 1, 6987 Caslano, Switzerland, registered on the Commercial Register of the Canton of Ticino No. CHE-301.724.680.
Belstaff respects your privacy and understands the importance of protecting your personally identifiable information.
Belstaff has established its Privacy and Cookies policy in respect of the confidence its clientele places in it and in conformity with high standards of protection of your personally identifiable information to which it is committed.
We explain below the way in which we collect, use, share or communicate your information and personal data. By using the Sites, you consent to the use (including transfer) of such information as described below.
What information we collect, and how we collect it
We collect and process the following types of information about you:
1.Information we collect about you:
- when you sign up to our newsletter or updates;
- when you enter competitions and prize draws;
- when you register with the Website, by phone or by email, or provide personal information which you complete, or which we complete at your request in-store via a store card;
- when you place an order on our Website;
- if you ask us to keep in touch with you.
- if you ask us to receive personalised online content such as targeted advertising;
- if you complete a survey or send us feedback about our products, Websites or stores; or
- if you contact or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) to find out more about a product or our after sale care and support services, to report a problem with the Website or a product or for any other reason.
The personal information you give us may include your first and surname, title, gender, birthdate (day and month), email address, phone number, address, financial information (such as credit or debit card details), as well as shipping address, billing address, and any other information that you consider necessary to provide us with.
The information collected from you via our Website will be matched with personal information you may have given us in our stores. This is to help us ensure that the data we hold about you is kept accurate and up to date.
2.Other Information Belstaff collect about you:
This is information we receive about you when you make a purchase in one of our stores if you have completed a store personal information card. These stores will also provide us with a record of your transaction.
3.Information we receive from other sources about you:
We work closely with third parties, for example, business partners, sub-contractors for technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers. If we receive information about you from them, we will always seek assurances that they are providing information to us in accordance with data protection laws and that they are transparent with you that they may share your data with us. We may use this information to update our records about you to keep them accurate.
How we use your information and personal data
Belstaff may use the above personal data held about you for the following purposes (purposes for which we need your consent are marked *).
Consent is given via closure of the ‘Privacy and Cookies policy’ dialogue box on our websites; if you continue to use the site after the message has been displayed you are implying consent .
The ways in which we use your information and personal data will vary depending on the kind of information you provide and the purpose for which you have provided it. This section sets out the different ways we may use your information and personal data.
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, i.e. to process and complete your orders and to process your payments;.
- to remind you of products you have placed in your basket on the Website, but have not purchased*;
- to help us identify you and accounts you hold with us;
- to manage and improve the Website and the services we provide through the Website;.
- to tailor our Website content to your needs and preferences*;
- to manage the security of the Website and data collected via the Website;
- to provide other services requested by you, as described when we collect the data;
- to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, violations of law, and other misuse of the Website, and to enforce our General Terms and Conditions;
- to address any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
- for our internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes and troubleshooting;
- to notify you about changes to any element of the Website;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We will only contact you by email with such information if you have consented to this. More information about this is set out below under the heading “legal basis for processing*”;
- to measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we provide to you and others;
- to deliver relevant advertising to you, for example, newsletters*; and;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about other products or services that may be of interest to you*.
- We may integrate your personal data from our various databases to form a single view to allow us to have an effective and efficient communication with you.
- We may contact you to ask if you would like to complete a survey or answer some market research questions including in relation to (i) the services and/or products available on the Sites and (ii) the way in which you use the Sites.
- We may also use your personal data when carrying out automated decision-making and profiling for the purpose of identifying what information or advertising you might like to see from us, for example, by creating individual or group profiles*. Where you have consented, we may also share your information with our concession stores for marketing purposes*.
How we do not use your information and personal data
What is the legal basis for processing your data?
For some of the uses of your personal data (as described above) there is a legal basis under applicable data protection laws for us to use such personal data without your consent (these uses are not marked with *).
This includes, for example, where it is necessary for us to use the information in order to perform a contract with you or take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you, such as to process your order, provide after care and support services to you or manage the online account facility that we provide to you. It also includes circumstances (such as we have described below) where we have a legitimate interest to use your data, provided that proper care is taken in relation to your rights and interests:
Where consent is required for our use of your personal information, by ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent (for example, by email, providing non mandatory information, verbally in-store or on a store card), you consent to our use of that personal information for the purposes covered by the specific consent that you have given. For example, we will only process your personal information for marketing purposes if we have your consent to do so.
Marketing newsletters and keeping in touch with youWe will, if you have given us your consent, provide you with information about products, services, events, sales and marketing from Belstaff (including personalised online content and advertising through Belstaff websites, social media platforms or our online partners). We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you check out, sign up for newsletters or updates, or if you register with us via the Website, by phone, by email or the store personal information card. You will have the opportunity to clearly set out how you wish to hear from us. If you are registered, you can also manage your preferences by updating / changing your privacy settings of your account. You can unsubscribe at any time. We will not share your personal information with businesses outside Belstaff, without your explicit prior consent, for them to contact you for marketing purposes (except if they are contacting you on behalf of Belstaff).
Other use of your information and personal data
Your information and personal data may be shared with, and made available to joint use by duly authorised Belstaff personnel, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies worldwide, its Customers Relations management agencies and occasionally to third parties that collect, manage, analyse or maintain data on Belstaff's behalf.
Some of Belstaff subsidiaries, affiliates or some of Belstaff partners are located outside Switzerland or the European Economic Area ("EEA") and consequently you accept that your information and personal data may be either imported to Switzerland or transferred abroad. Belstaff will use its best endeavours to ensure that your information and personal data are kept secure at all times and that such persons/companies are subject to confidentiality agreements and to the strict respect of your privacy in accordance with applicable legislation. . Furthermore Belstaff informs you that all security and privacy measures have been put in place in order to ensure an adequate level of data protection irrespective of the geographical location of each company or partner that will be the receipt of your information or personal data.
Your information and personal data are processed by electronic and non-electronic equipment in order to protect the confidentiality of the same. Belstaff protects, controls and processes your information and personal data with appropriate security measures and procedures, also in relation to knowledge acquired from technological advancement, in order to protect the security and privacy of your information and personal data and to reduce the risks of destruction, loss, unauthorised processing, access or processing which is inconsistent with the above mentioned purposes, to a minimum.
We cannot guarantee the security of any private information provided to us in an email or in online form while it is being transmitted to us, as the internet is a potentially non-secure method of information transfer. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur while using interactive features of the Sites.
As best practice, we also strongly recommend that you regularly run an anti-virus programme on all material downloaded from the internet.
When you subscribe to e-newsletters through the Sites you agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- We will use it to send you online and/or email communications or text communications (for example, communications enabled via the Sites between us and users of mobile telephones or other portable devices.
- We may use it to operate the features of the Sites and to allow you, when you choose to do so, to participate in features available only to registered users or interactive features of the Sites.
- We may use the information that you provide to maintain appropriate databases and otherwise to operate and facilitate such programmes, networks and communications.
The Belstaff websites (www.belstaff.com, www.belstaff.co.uk, www.belstaff.de, www.belstaff.eu,) are operated by Belstaff directly. As well as the general uses listed above, by using the Sites or by signing up to e-newsletters on the Preference Centre, you agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- For the purposes of fulfilling orders you place on the Sites and sending you email communications in connection with those orders.
- To respond to any queries you make about the items listed on the Belstaff Sites.
Purchases from the Belstaff Sites are governed by the terms and conditions.
When we are required to disclose information
Your data may be stored in a database. We do this to help us organise our databases efficiently and understand how our clients may make purchases in different parts of the world. We will remain your point of contact.
These third parties who may receive your data will process that data for the purposes specified above and in accordance with applicable law. Belstaff will retain a list of the third parties with whom data is shared, which will be available upon request.
We use certain tools, such as cookies, to collect data about your visit to the Website such as device ID or unique identified, device type, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, referring URL, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and standard web log information.
A cookie is a small text file that is used to store information on your browser or your computer's hard drive when you visit a website. A cookie does not contain information that identifies a person, but it allows for the linking of your computer to the information provided by you on the Website (such as, linking your IP address and other information about your experience on the Website to your preferences expressed while choosing services and purchasing products offered through the Website).
Cookies are disseminated by servers and no one may gain access to information contained therein. The information stored in cookies is gathered directly and automatically by the Website and is processed in an aggregate and anonymous manner.
-BELSTAFF uses the following types of cookies:• STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES These cookies are essential in order to enable you to browse the Website. Without these cookies, services offered by the Website (such as use of the shopping bag or access to your order history) cannot be provided.
• ANALYTICAL COOKIES These cookies are used to measure and analyse how the visitors use the Website (for example site traffic, total sales through the Website, the pages visitors go to most often and pages from which the visitors get error messages) in order to continuously improve the Website and the shopping experiences offered through the Website. All information collected by these cookies is in an anonymous form (even if passed onto third parties) and are not used to identify you.
• FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES These cookies are not necessary for the functioning of the Website but allow the Website to remember the choices and/or the preferences (such as your username, language or the region you are located) in order to offer you some advanced, simplified and personalised features.
• THIRD PARTY COOKIES AND SOCIAL MEDIA ACCESS Please note that if you share content from the Website through third party websites (i.e. social networking websites) you may be sent cookies from these websites. This occurs where you choose to log in to our Website using your social media profile information. Your activity on our Website then becomes subject to the privacy policies of those other social media websites/services. Belstaff does not control the setting of such cookies and encourages you to refer to the relevant social media provider’s websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them. You should also look at the privacy policies of those websites and how they handle information to which they gain access as a result of your decision to log into our Website using your social media profile information.
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including providing personalised web pages and recognising your choice of language. Cookies do not cause harm to your computer, but, if you wish to stop your computer accepting cookies, go to the help section of your internet browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) where you will find information on how to do this.
Whenever you voluntarily post information about you in public areas of the Sites, you should be aware that such information can be accessed by the public and may in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. We caution you to exercise discretion in deciding what information you provide.
The following third party are operating on behalf of Belstaff where they also manage your personal information and data in order to provide you with the requested service:
Promotional Logistics Ltd - http://www.prolog.co.uk
Access, Change and Unsubscribe
To unsubscribe from our newsletter you can click on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of any of our newsletters.
You may correct or change your personal details, e-newsletter preferences (for example, to subscribe or unsubscribe to e-newsletters) via the Preference Centre or by clicking on the relevant Unsubscribe link in any e-newsletter.
If you unsubscribe from e-newsletters, you will no longer receive e-newsletters. Please allow up to 72 hours for this change to take effect.
how we can make changes to this policy
How to contact us if you would to know more